- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1. cup currants or dried cranberries
- 1 8 oz. package cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tbsp. brown mustard
- 2 tbsp. choppeed fresh chives
- 1 small clove of garlic, minced
- black pepper and/or paprika to taste
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Let all cheeses come to room temperature.
- While waiting for them to achieve softened perfection, soak the rasins and currants in warm water. Let sit for about 30 minutes, then drain and chop (the sharper the knife, the easier this will be).
- In mixing bowl, combine cheeses, mustard, chives, garlic and spices and mix well (with a hand mixer, not a spoon).
- Stir in chopped raisins/currants (with a spoon, not a hand mixer).
- Serve in a bowl (a different bowl--you'll want to lick the first bowl) as a spread or refrigerate for at least an hour, then shape into roundish form and roll in chopped nuts.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite RecipesSee More
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Fudgy Caramel DelightSee More