- Cooking Time: 40
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 20
- 2 medium potatoes (about 2 cups chopped)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup diced white onions
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup instant mashed potatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/8 teaspoon thyme
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream or half-and-half
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1 chopped green onion (green part only)
- 1. Wash potatoes thoroughly and microwave until tender.
- 2. If you would like you can always bake in a 400 degree oven for one hour or until done.
- 3. As the potatoes are cooling, melt your butter in a large saucepan and saute your onions until light brown.
- 4. Add in your flour to make a roux.
- 5. Add in your chicken broth, water, cornstarch, instant mashed potatoes and spices and bring to a boil.
- 6. Reduce your heat and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- 7. Take your cooled potatoes and peel off the skin and chop up into desired pieces.
- 8. Add in your chopped up potatoes and the heavy whipping cream to your soup and bring it back to a boil.
- 9. Reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes or until it is thick.
- 10. Garnish with cheddar cheese, crumbled bacon and green onions.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Recipes for Vitality
Classic Chocolate RecipesSee More
Whey Bean Salad
Boo CupsSee More