- Cooking Time: 20-25 minutes
- Preparation Time:
- 1-1/2 cups of flour
- ¾ cup of white sugar
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/3 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup of milk
- 1 cup of fresh blueberries, sprinkled with 1 tablespoon of flour
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1/3-cup flour
- ¼ cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease muffin cups or line with cupcake liners.
- Combine 1-1/2 cups flour, ¾ cup sugar, salt and baking powder.
- Place vegetable oil into a 1-cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup.
- Mix this with the flour mixture.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Fill the muffin cups ¾ full and then sprinkle with the crumb topping mixture.
- To make the crumb topping:
- Mix together ½ cup sugar, 1/3 cup of flour, ¼ cup butter, and 1-1/2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon. Mix with a fork or pastry blender.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until done.
NotesAnother recipe from a southern cookbook. These are great.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Italy or Bust
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More