- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt and sugar.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients and pour into the dry ingredients, stirring until just combined.
- Heat skillet or griddle over hight heat until a drop of water placed on it skitters around the surface.
- Drop by spoonfuls (to make desired size) onto the preheated pan and cook until golden on both sides, turning once.
- Serve with your favorite syrup.
NotesOn the weekends we like to make these pancakes I found on Baking Bites blog. They are the best pancakes ever. I had been making ones from The Betty Crockers' Cookboook page 57. Called Favorite Pancakes which are very similar to these. It is interesting that recipes even though similar taste different.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
A Gluten Free Christmas with Gluten Free Mama
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day FeastSee More
Cordelia's Pound CakeSee More