- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup chopped leeks, white and light green parts only
- 1 tablespoon butter or ghee
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 3 10 ounce package of frozen organic squash thawed
- 3/4 cup pear nectar
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup evaporated skim milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- chopped cilantro
- 1. soak or wash leeks, thoroughly to remove all grit, drain. In a large saucepan, heat butter/ghee over medium low heat. Add leeks and saute until translucent, 5-8 minutes. Add curry and cook for 2 minutes, until fragrant.
- 2. Add squask, pear nectar, and broth. bring to a simmer and cook over medium heat for 15 minutes.
- 3. puree soup with a hand blender, or transfer to a food processor or blender and process until thick and smooth. If making ahead, cool and refrigerate.
- 4. before serving, reheat. add evaporated skim milk and heat through. season to taste with salt and pepper. serve, sprinkled with chopped cilantro.
- quick modifications:
- you can use onion instead of leeks
- use unfiltered apple juice instead of pear juice
- after step 3, omit skim milk completely or use coconut milk
- Add a pound of peeled and deveined shrimp - heat for about 4 minutes until the shrimp are pink and cooked through.
- add 1/3 cup chopped green onions
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2014See More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More