- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (2 sticks/8 oz/226g) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips,
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F/180 degrees C.
- Grind oats in a food processor or blender until fine. Combine the ground oats with the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
- Cream together the butter, sugars, vanilla, and lemon juice in another medium bowl with an electric mixer. Add the eggs and mix until smooth.
- Stir the dry mixture into the wet mixture and blend well. Add the chocolate chips and nuts to the dough and mix by hand until ingredients are well incorporated.
- Spoon rounded 1/4-cup portions onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Place the scoops about 2 inches apart. You don't need to press the dough flat. Bake for 16 to 18 minutes or until cookies are light brown and soft in the middle. Store in a sealed container when cool to keep soft. For the best results, chill the dough overnight in the refrigerator before baking the cookies.
NotesIt is a matter of opinion whether these are the best or not.
Everyone has their own favorite.