- Cooking Time: 8-10
- Preparation Time:
- 1-1/4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter flavor Crisco
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (6-ounce package) milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup pecan pieces (optional, If nuts are omitted, add an additional 1/2 cup chocolate chips.)
- Heat oven to 375F. Combine brown sugar, Butter Flavor Crisco Shortening, milk and vanilla in large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Beat egg into creamed mixture.
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda. Mix into creamed mixture until just blended. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts, if used.
- Drop rounded measuring tablespoonfuls of dough 3 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake one baking sheet at a time at 375F for 8 to 10 minutes for chewy cookies (they will look light and moist), or 11 to 13 minutes for crisp cookies. DO NOT OVERBAKE. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet on a cooling rack; remove cookies to rack to cool completely.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Short & Sweet
MetroCooking Texas 2013See More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More