- Cooking Time: 15 min
- Servings: 6 dz
- Preparation Time: 2hrs + chilling
- Truffle centers
- 1 – 13.4 oz can La Lechera “Dulce de Leche” caramelized milk
- 1/4 C. butter
- 2/3 C. granulated sugar
- 2 Tbs. Milk
- 24 ozs. dark chocolate chips(lg. bag)
- 2 tsps. Vanilla
- Chocolate coating
- 12 oz dark bag chocolate chips
- 1 to 2 Tbs. Shortening
- 1 to 2 tsps. milk
- In heavy pan combined first 4 ingredients.
- Stirring constantly, bring to a full boil. Boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat, and stir in chocolate and vanilla. Cool (in pan) in
- refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
- After mixture is completely cold, shape into 1 " balls.
- Heat about 1/4 to 1/3 of chocolate coating mix in double boiler.
- Dip each ball and cool on wax paper.
- Heat more chocolate coating as needed to dip all balls
NotesI have won 1st place at the Mid-State Fair 2 years running with this recipe.
Goes really good with Red wine!! I have also done a variation using 1 teaspoon of raspberry flavoring instead of the 2 vanilla,YUM!! and one adding
1 teaspoon of ground chilpolte powder
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Short & Sweet
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"See More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More