- Cooking Time: 15 min
- Servings: 6 dz
- Preparation Time: 2hrs + chilling
- Truffle centers
- 1 – 13.4 oz can La Lechera “Dulce de Leche” caramelized milk
- 1/4 C. butter
- 2/3 C. granulated sugar
- 2 Tbs. Milk
- 24 ozs. dark chocolate chips(lg. bag)
- 2 tsps. Vanilla
- Chocolate coating
- 12 oz dark bag chocolate chips
- 1 to 2 Tbs. Shortening
- 1 to 2 tsps. milk
- In heavy pan combined first 4 ingredients.
- Stirring constantly, bring to a full boil. Boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat, and stir in chocolate and vanilla. Cool (in pan) in
- refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
- After mixture is completely cold, shape into 1 " balls.
- Heat about 1/4 to 1/3 of chocolate coating mix in double boiler.
- Dip each ball and cool on wax paper.
- Heat more chocolate coating as needed to dip all balls
NotesI have won 1st place at the Mid-State Fair 2 years running with this recipe.
Goes really good with Red wine!! I have also done a variation using 1 teaspoon of raspberry flavoring instead of the 2 vanilla,YUM!! and one adding
1 teaspoon of ground chilpolte powder
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Driscoll's Berry DessertsSee More
Cocktail (The V)
Angel Acres Feel Better Chicken Noodle Soup
Twisted Shirley TempleSee More