- Cooking Time: 28-30
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time: 25
- 1 cup (8 oz) butter
- 2¼ cups sugar
- 1¼ cups Dutch-process cocoa
- ½ tsp salt*
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 4 large eggs
- 1½ cups (6¼ ounces) King Arthur All Purpose Flour
- 2 cups (12 oz bag) chocolate chips
- *increase the salt to 1 tsp if using unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 350º. Lightly grease a 9x13 pan.
- In a medium sized microwave safe bowl or in a saucepan set over low heat, melt the butter, then add sugar and stir to combine.
- Return the mixture to the heat (or microwave) briefly just until hot but not bubbling; it will become shiny looking as you stir it. Heating the butter and sugar a second time will dissolve more of the sugar, which will yield a shiny top crust on your brownies.
- Transfer mixture to a mixing bowl.
- Stir in the cocoa, salt, baking powder, and vanilla. Add the eggs, beating till smooth; then add flour and chips, beating till well combined. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake the brownies for 28 to 30 minutes, until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out dry (though it may have a few crumbs clinging to it). The brownies should feel set both on the edges, and in the center.
- Remove the pan from the oven, and after 5 minutes loosen the edges with a table knife; this helps prevent the brownies from sinking in the center as they cool.
- Cool completely before cutting and serving. Yields 2 dozen brownies.
NotesRecipe from King Arthur Flour
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.See More
Cancun Grilled Chicken Tacos with Citrus Chile Marinade
Perfect baked potatoSee More