- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryDan wanted a gooey fudge brownie, so I went hunting for one and found this on
And it was GREAT!! I did add icing sugar to the frosting though, and used milk chocolate. The next time I make them I will use semi-sweet chocolate and make the frosting the way canarygirl did.
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 bars Lindtt 59% dark chocolate(6 ounces/150 grams), chopped into smaller sized pieces
- (used milk chocolate chips, about 1 cup)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 bar Lindtt 59% dark chocolate (6 ounces/150 grams)
- (used 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips)
- Heat oven to 350º F
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl and reserve.
- Using a medium sized saucepan, melt butter and sugar over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- Add 1 bar of chocolate and stir until melted.
- Add in eggs one at a time, whisking quickly and constantly.
- Add in flour mixture and whisk to combine.
- Add the other bar of chopped chocolate and stir.
- Pour into a 9 inch square baking dish (or similar).
- Bake brownies for about 40 minutes, more or less according to how fudgy you like them
- Heat butter and milk over medium heat and bring to boiling.
- Remove from heat.
- Add chocolate bar and stir until melted
- (1/2 cup milk chocolate chips)
- 2 cups icing sugar, sifted
- Pour over brownies.
- (this frosting is almost like a ganache…very soft)