- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 yellow onion, chopped and sautéed in olive oil and assorted dried herbs
- 2 or more jars of favorite pasta sauce (I love Trader Joe's)
- chopped, fresh:
- black olives
- calamata olives
- garlic, garlic, and more garlic
- Add to taste:
- red wine
- Apple Cider vinegar
- brine from green olives and/or capers
- Chop and sauté the onion in olive oil, in a large pot.
- I throw in dried oregano, basil, thyme, and rosemary while the onion is cooking.
- Dump the pasta sauces into the large pot once the onion is translucent.
- Add assorted fresh, chopped herbs, mushrooms, olives, capers, and garlic.
- Add red wine, vinegar, and brine to sauce to taste.
- Simmer sauce until you can't take it any more and have to eat it!
NotesI make my pasta sauce from memory and without exact measurements. It's fun to be creative and cook by taste! The secret to my sauce is using vinegar to flavor it. It doesn't take much, but the outcome is incredible!
I serve this sauce over brown rice pasta with steamed zucchini on the side. If you are so inclined serve with ground turkey meat that has been browned with more fresh herbs, garlic, and sprinkled with herbed feta cheese. DELISH!