THE BEST MAC AND CHEESE EVER (NOT AS BEST IF NOT MADE IN PHILADELPHIA REGION)
- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 20
- Box of macaroni
- 1 1/4 lbs Cooper Sharp Cheddar
- Splash of milk
- Sprinkling of paprika
- Boil water in a pot. Add mac and salt and cook until al dente.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drain mac and add back to hot pot. Add splash of milk and tear up 4-6 slices of cheese (leave enough to line several layers in dish). Stir up over low heat until cheese kind of melts.
- Grease a deep baking dish with olive oil. Line bottom with one layer of cheese slices.
- Add a thin layer of mac, and another layer of cheese slices. Repeat until all mac is used (usually 3-4 layers of mac, but it depends on dish size).
- Top with last layer of cheese and a sprinkling of paprika. Cover with foil and put in oven for 20 minutes.
- Take foil off and bake another 10 minutes.
NotesI love pasta, I love cheese...that about explains it all. I'd been making it for a few years in Pgh, but on a visit to Moms in Philly, we got Cooper Sharp at Shoprite...and it just took the dish to a whole new level. Sadly, Cooper Sharp Cheddar is a Philly-region thing...other sharp cheddars work, but it doesn't have that special zingbamadawow or whatever you wanna call it.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Sharing Christmas with Friends
Jean’s Recipe File
Easy Homemade Salad DressingsSee More
Corn Pocket Rolls
Krrispy's Beer Bacon BreadSee More