THE BEST MAC AND CHEESE EVER (NOT AS BEST IF NOT MADE IN PHILADELPHIA REGION)
- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 20
- Box of macaroni
- 1 1/4 lbs Cooper Sharp Cheddar
- Splash of milk
- Sprinkling of paprika
- Boil water in a pot. Add mac and salt and cook until al dente.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drain mac and add back to hot pot. Add splash of milk and tear up 4-6 slices of cheese (leave enough to line several layers in dish). Stir up over low heat until cheese kind of melts.
- Grease a deep baking dish with olive oil. Line bottom with one layer of cheese slices.
- Add a thin layer of mac, and another layer of cheese slices. Repeat until all mac is used (usually 3-4 layers of mac, but it depends on dish size).
- Top with last layer of cheese and a sprinkling of paprika. Cover with foil and put in oven for 20 minutes.
- Take foil off and bake another 10 minutes.
NotesI love pasta, I love cheese...that about explains it all. I'd been making it for a few years in Pgh, but on a visit to Moms in Philly, we got Cooper Sharp at Shoprite...and it just took the dish to a whole new level. Sadly, Cooper Sharp Cheddar is a Philly-region thing...other sharp cheddars work, but it doesn't have that special zingbamadawow or whatever you wanna call it.
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
My Family Cookbook
MidLife Road Trip'sSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More