- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- Servings: about 40 meat balls
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1 medium onion, grated (over bowl to get the juice)
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley leaves
- 7 medium basil leaves chopped
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 cloves garlic, grated (over bowl)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2/3 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 6 ounces ground beef
- 6 ounces ground veal
- 6 ounces ground pork
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Whisk together first 9 ingredients in large bowl.
- Stir in cheese and bread crumbs.
- Mix in the beef, veal and pork (don't over mix it makes them tough)
- Shape into 1 1/4 inch balls.
- Heat oil in heavy frying pan over medium - high heat.
- Saute in batches until browned on all sides.
NotesGiada made these on her show. I made some changes and I came up with a meatball that is requested all the time at my house! They are great in any marinara sauce on top of pasta.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Simple Homemade Favorites
Delicious Recipes Made EasySee More
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Fudgy Caramel DelightSee More