- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- Servings: about 40 meat balls
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1 medium onion, grated (over bowl to get the juice)
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley leaves
- 7 medium basil leaves chopped
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 cloves garlic, grated (over bowl)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2/3 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 6 ounces ground beef
- 6 ounces ground veal
- 6 ounces ground pork
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Whisk together first 9 ingredients in large bowl.
- Stir in cheese and bread crumbs.
- Mix in the beef, veal and pork (don't over mix it makes them tough)
- Shape into 1 1/4 inch balls.
- Heat oil in heavy frying pan over medium - high heat.
- Saute in batches until browned on all sides.
NotesGiada made these on her show. I made some changes and I came up with a meatball that is requested all the time at my house! They are great in any marinara sauce on top of pasta.
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory LifeSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More