The Best Meatloaf Recipe Ever.
* 1 cup fine fresh bread crumbs (from 2 slices firm white sandwich bread)
* 1/3 cup whole milk
* 1 medium onion, finely chopped
* 3 garlic cloves, minced
* 1 medium celery rib, finely chopped
* 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
* 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
* 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
* 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
* 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
* 2 pounds ground mix beef chuck, pork, and veal
* 2 large eggs
* 1/3 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
Preheat oven to 350°F with rack in middle.
Soak bread crumbs in milk in a large bowl.
Meanwhile, cook onion, garlic, celery, and carrot in butter in a large heavy skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Cover skillet and reduce heat to low, then cook until carrot is tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, allspice, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper. Add to bread-crumb mixture.
Finely chop bacon and prunes in a food processor, then add to onion mixture along with beef, pork, eggs, and parsley and mix together with your hands.
Pack mixture into a 9- by 5-inch oval loaf in a 13- by 9-inch shallow baking dish or pan.
Bake until an instant-read thermometer inserted into center of meatloaf registers 155°F, 1 to 1 1/4 hours. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Pairs Well With
This is the best meatloaf ever! It will change even the biggest meatloaf hater's opion of meatloaf!