BackstorySeveral people lost their sanity while trying to get the secrets of The Best Potato Salad Ever out of my mother. I was able to do it by giving her liquor. And now, I share the her years of expertise as a cooking teacher gone bad, with you. And, it's just in time for a summer picnic or a wake.
- 5lbs potatoes
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tbs yellow mustard
- 1 half medium sized onion (about a half a cup), chopped
- ½ cup chopped scallions.
- Scrub the potatoes and boil potatoes with their jackets (skins) until tender
- (about 20 minutes)
- Boil the eggs in separate pot until hard cooked (about 10 minutes)
- In a large bowl, prepare the dressing and mix together the sour cream, mayonnaise, mustard, chopped onions and scallions.
- After eggs are hard boiled, drain off hot water and add cold water
- Allow the hard cooked eggs to sit in water for a few minutes
- Peel and chop the eggs while still warm.
- Add to the warm eggs to the dressing
- While the potatoes are still hot, peel by hand under running cold water
- Dice the hot potatoes and add to the dressing
- Mix everything together.
- The warm potatoes and eggs drink up the dressing and make it THE BEST POTATO SALAD EVER!