BackstorySeveral people lost their sanity while trying to get the secrets of The Best Potato Salad Ever out of my mother. I was able to do it by giving her liquor. And now, I share the her years of expertise as a cooking teacher gone bad, with you. And, it's just in time for a summer picnic or a wake.
- 5lbs potatoes
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tbs yellow mustard
- 1 half medium sized onion (about a half a cup), chopped
- ½ cup chopped scallions.
- Scrub the potatoes and boil potatoes with their jackets (skins) until tender
- (about 20 minutes)
- Boil the eggs in separate pot until hard cooked (about 10 minutes)
- In a large bowl, prepare the dressing and mix together the sour cream, mayonnaise, mustard, chopped onions and scallions.
- After eggs are hard boiled, drain off hot water and add cold water
- Allow the hard cooked eggs to sit in water for a few minutes
- Peel and chop the eggs while still warm.
- Add to the warm eggs to the dressing
- While the potatoes are still hot, peel by hand under running cold water
- Dice the hot potatoes and add to the dressing
- Mix everything together.
- The warm potatoes and eggs drink up the dressing and make it THE BEST POTATO SALAD EVER!
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can EnjoySee More
Teriyaki Turkey Sliders
Sweet Potato Black Bean Enchiladas
Anisette sponge cookiesSee More