- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsps ground ginger
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tblsp water
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 tblsp white sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Sift together flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the margarine and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg, then stir in the water and molasses.
- Gradually stir the sifted ingredients into the molasses mixture.
- Shape dough into walnut size balls, and roll them in the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar. Place the cookies 2" apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet, and flatten slightly.
- Bake for 8-10 min. in the preheated oven.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 min. before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Paul's Food World Volume 1See More
Picnic Chicken SaladSee More