- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsps ground ginger
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tblsp water
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 tblsp white sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Sift together flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the margarine and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg, then stir in the water and molasses.
- Gradually stir the sifted ingredients into the molasses mixture.
- Shape dough into walnut size balls, and roll them in the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar. Place the cookies 2" apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet, and flatten slightly.
- Bake for 8-10 min. in the preheated oven.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 min. before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Breads and Pastry 101See More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More