- Cooking Time: 55
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 15
- 6 tablespoons canola oil
- 8 corn tortillas, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3 bay leaves
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 large cooked chicken breast halves, shredded
- shredded monterey jack cheese
- diced avocados
- sour cream (optional)
- 2 corn tortillas, sliced and fried crisp (optional)
- 1. In dutch oven, heat the oil over medium heat.
- 2. Add the tortillas, garlic, cilantro and onion, cooking for 2-3 minutes.
- 3. Add the tomatoes, bringing to a boil.
- 4. Add cumin, chili powder and bay leaves.
- 5. Add chicken stock and return to a boil.
- 6. Reduce heat.
- 7. Add salt and cayenne and simmer for an additional 30 minutes.
- 8. Remove bay leaves and stir in shredded chicken.
- 9. Garnish with Monterrey Jack cheese and avocado, and sour cream and fried tortillas if desired.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Italy or Bust
Austin Personal Training Recipes
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and CakesSee More
Dad's favorite peanut brownies!See More