THE BEST TUNA AND PEA KEDGEREE
The Best Tuna and Pea Kedgeree
- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15
- 4 eggs, boiled for 5 minutes then left to cool in cold water
- 50g butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
- 200g basmati rice, cooked and drained
- 100g frozen peas
- 1 tin of your choice of fish, drained
- Salt and pepper
- A handful of fresh dill, parsley or coriander, roughly chopped
- 2 lemons, halved
1 – Heat a non-stick pan and melt the butter. Add the oil then stir in the onion. Cook for 5 minutes until softened.
2 – Add the spices and combine thoroughly. Cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
3 – Stir in the cooked rice and peas and heat through for 5 minutes, stirring all of the time until piping hot.
4 – Flake in the fish and stir in the fresh herbs. Taste for seasoning.
5 – Plate up and decorate with the boiled eggs – food faces optional. Serve with a wedge of fresh lemon.
Website Credit: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/food_and_drink/recipes/article6076932.ece