- Cooking Time: 30 min
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 30 min
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 can (26 1/2 ounces) traditional-flavor spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Melt the butter in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Stir in bell pepper, onion and celery. Cover and cook for 5 minutes, stirring 2 or 3 times, until vegetables are tender, yet still crisp.
- Meanwhile, combine spaghetti sauce and diced tomatoes with chilies in a separate, medium saucepan over medium heat. Cover, bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add shrimp to the Dutch oven and increase heat to high. Cook 2 to 3 minutes while tossing, until shrimp are pink and just opaque in the center. Add sauce; stir well and return to a simmer. Serve shrimp over rice.
- Nutritional Information Per Serving (without rice): Calories 220; Total fat 6g; Saturated fat 2g; Cholesterol 180mg; Sodium 760mg; Carbohydrate 18g; Fiber 4g; Protein 25g; Vitamin A 30%DV*; Vitamin C 70%DV; Calcium 10%DV; Iron 20%DV
- *Daily Value
NotesPrepare this Big Easy dish that’s big on flavor! Shrimp, sautéed vegetables and spicy chiles combine in a zesty recipe that delivers the Cajun flavors of Louisiana. The delicious blend of canned tomatoes and spaghetti sauce also add plenty of vitamins A and C and lycopene.