- Cooking Time: 33 to 40
- Servings: 30 to 36
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, divided use
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 14 ounces pastel colored jelly beans, regular or spice
- Preheat oven to 375̊ F. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or baking mat.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, the baking powder and the salt. Whisk to blend. Set aside.
- Combine the butter and the sugar in a large mixing bowl. Beat, at a medium-high speed, until light and fluffy. Add 2 eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla. Add the flour mixture and mix until just combined. Stir in the jelly beans.
- Place dough on a lightly floured surface and divide into two equal portions. Using moistened fingers roll each portion into a log the length of the baking sheet. Transfer logs to the prepared baking sheet and flatten slightly. Beat the remaining egg in a small bowl to blend. Brush evenly over each log.
- Bake until biscotti are a light golden brown, about 23 - 28 minutes. Remove from oven, set baking sheet on a rack and cool for 15 minutes. Maintain oven temperature. Using a serrated knife, carefully slice each log, on the diagonal into 1/2-inch slices. Stand each slice back on baking sheet (no problem if they touch). Return To oven and continue to bake until cookies are dry and golden brown, another 10 - 12 minutes. Transfer biscotti to a rack and cool completely.
NotesThis recipe and picture were borrowed, with love, from Joe at www.culinaryinthedesert.com
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
Lau Family RecipesSee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More