- Cooking Time: 33 to 40
- Servings: 30 to 36
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, divided use
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 14 ounces pastel colored jelly beans, regular or spice
- Preheat oven to 375̊ F. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or baking mat.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, the baking powder and the salt. Whisk to blend. Set aside.
- Combine the butter and the sugar in a large mixing bowl. Beat, at a medium-high speed, until light and fluffy. Add 2 eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla. Add the flour mixture and mix until just combined. Stir in the jelly beans.
- Place dough on a lightly floured surface and divide into two equal portions. Using moistened fingers roll each portion into a log the length of the baking sheet. Transfer logs to the prepared baking sheet and flatten slightly. Beat the remaining egg in a small bowl to blend. Brush evenly over each log.
- Bake until biscotti are a light golden brown, about 23 - 28 minutes. Remove from oven, set baking sheet on a rack and cool for 15 minutes. Maintain oven temperature. Using a serrated knife, carefully slice each log, on the diagonal into 1/2-inch slices. Stand each slice back on baking sheet (no problem if they touch). Return To oven and continue to bake until cookies are dry and golden brown, another 10 - 12 minutes. Transfer biscotti to a rack and cool completely.
NotesThis recipe and picture were borrowed, with love, from Joe at www.culinaryinthedesert.com
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
The Italian Exchange
Brownies: Baking Outside the BoxSee More
Rich Chocolate Pecan Pie
Cheesy Stuffed Baked Ziti
GREEN BEAN CASSEROLESee More