- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 1
- Preparation Time:
- One Tall glass
- One Teaspoon of instant coffee (or 2 oz. regular coffee)
- 3 oz of milk
- 1 can of cola (pepsi/coke)
- Take a nice tall glass, preferably chilled.
- Add about 2 thumbs widths of milk to the glass, probably about 3 oz, but I rarely measure.
- Add one teaspoon of instant coffee, level rounded or whatever your taste may be to the milk, do not stir.
- You can also substitute 2 oz of very strong coffee.
- Slowly pour Cola (Pepsi, Coke or whatever) over the whole mixture being mindful of the foam.
- After your glass is just about full take a spoon and gently stir the whole concoction.
- You should notice a "head" of dense foam beginning to appear at the top of the glass.
- This is good.
- After the foam has settled a little bit enjoy.
NotesHearkening back to the days of Root beer floats, warm summer nights and the cooling draught slinking down your throat? But damn it all you still need something to give you a shot in the arm? Then I have just the beverage for you. A coffee float. Amounts and mileage may vary, so play with the amounts to alter to your liking.
Source: Paul Rj Muller
Paul is the host and producer of The Caffination Podcast. A High Octane podcast dedicated to the world of Technology and Coffee, perfectly brewed together and steeped for your enojyment. Enjoy the podsafe music, Tech Talk and Coffee nerdness. A coffee and technology addict from a very young age, Paul finds joy in bringing this combination to the rest of the world.