- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: 1
- Preparation Time: 5
- Fresh ginger root
- 1 fresh lime
- 2 canned pear slices in heavy syrup (from 15-ounce can)*
- 1/2 ounce (1 tablespoon) syrup from can of pears
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) pear-flavored vodka
- Martini shaker or 16-ounce pint glass
- Shaking tin
- Strainer Muddler Grater
- Do ahead: Peel skin from ginger root with the side of a spoon. Finely grate enough ginger to prepare as many drinks as needed.
- To make one cocktail drink: Juice lime and pour into martini shaker. Add two pear slices to the martini shaker. Add thumbnail-sized portion of ginger and muddle ingredients together.
- Pour syrup from canned pears into shaker. Fill shaker with ice and add vodka. Shake vigorously 10 times and strain into chilled martini glass, making sure to keep solids out of the cocktail.
- Nutritional Information Per Serving: Calories 170 (based on 80-proof vodka)**
- *Note: One, 15-ounce can of pear slices in heavy syrup makes 8 drinks.
- **Note: Higher-proof vodka contributes more calories.
NotesThis enlightening and refreshing cocktail is a hand-crafted masterpiece.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite RecipesSee More
Pineapple-Black Bean Enchiladas
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Chicken RollupsSee More