- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 c flour blend (1/3 c white flour, 1/3 c whole wheat flour, 1/3 c wheat germ)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 c rolled oats
- 2 TB almonds
- 8 TB unsalted butter
- 1/4 c sugar
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 c white bean puree *
- 1/2 c semisweet chocolate chips
- *White Bean puree:
- 1 15 oz can of great northern beans
- 2 TB water
- Heat oven to 375, soften butter
- In a food processor grind oats until fine, add almonds, grind until fine.
- Mix flour, oats, baking soda, salt, and almonds in small bowl, set aside.
- Beat butter and both sugars until creamy. Add in egg, vanilla, and white bean puree. Add in dry ingredients and when incorporated add chocolate chips.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls and bake for 12-14 minutes
- White Bean puree: Drain beans and let the beans and water whirl around until the consistency of peanut butter. You can freeze the excess mixture in 1/4 c quantities. It makes about a cup.
NotesI got this recipe from the sneaky chef, they are scrumptious!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Easy Homemade Salad DressingsSee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More