- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 c flour blend (1/3 c white flour, 1/3 c whole wheat flour, 1/3 c wheat germ)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 c rolled oats
- 2 TB almonds
- 8 TB unsalted butter
- 1/4 c sugar
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 c white bean puree *
- 1/2 c semisweet chocolate chips
- *White Bean puree:
- 1 15 oz can of great northern beans
- 2 TB water
- Heat oven to 375, soften butter
- In a food processor grind oats until fine, add almonds, grind until fine.
- Mix flour, oats, baking soda, salt, and almonds in small bowl, set aside.
- Beat butter and both sugars until creamy. Add in egg, vanilla, and white bean puree. Add in dry ingredients and when incorporated add chocolate chips.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls and bake for 12-14 minutes
- White Bean puree: Drain beans and let the beans and water whirl around until the consistency of peanut butter. You can freeze the excess mixture in 1/4 c quantities. It makes about a cup.
NotesI got this recipe from the sneaky chef, they are scrumptious!
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Olive's Deep Dish Strawberry Rhubarb Pie: Pushing Daisies
Sesame Snow PeasSee More