- Cooking Time: 35-40
- Servings: 20
- Preparation Time: 30
- 400 ml Water
- 100 ml Oil (vegetable) or margarine 100g
- 30g of sugar
- 10g salt
- 400g Matzo flour
- 8 eggs
- Eggs mixed with little water for brushing bagels
- Optional Sea salt or crushed walnuts for sprinkling over the bagels
- In a medium pot, bring water, oil, sugar to a simmer on medium heat.
- Add the Matzo flour and with a wooden spoon, stir quickly in one direction. Carefully watch and you will see that the Matzo flour starts absorbing the liquid and dough forms.
- Continue stirring the Matzo flour to cook off some of the liquid, another minute or two.
- Transfer the dough to the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with the paddle attachment.
- Add the salt and the eggs one at a time mixing until the egg is incorporated in the dough.
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius or about 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Divide dough in half and then each half to 10 equal pieces shaped to rolls.
- Grease your forefinger, and make a hole in the middle of the roll and twirl until bagel is shaped.
- Line baking tray with parchment paper and put bagels on the tray
- Brush bagels with egg, and optional sprinkle with sea salt or crushed walnuts.
- Bake in oven for 35 to 40 minutes.
NotesThis recipe has been heralded by the Jewish community as the world's first Kosher for Passover bagel, being served exclusively at the Inbal Jerusalem Hotel. The Inbal Jerusalem hotel is an award-winning, five-star deluxe hotel situated in the heart of Jerusalem overlooking the Old City walls, and minutes away from all the major cultural and historical sites. With its Jerusalem stone exterior, the 283-room hotel is known for its intimate authentic Jerusalem character and impeccable world-class service. For more information, visit www.inbalhotel.com
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Brownies: Baking Outside the BoxSee More
Cordelia's Pound CakeSee More