- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 120-240
- 800g Salmon fillet, cut to 4 equal sized pieces,
- With the skin on or off as you prefer
- Oil for searing
- Date Honey & Orange Glaze:
- (Makes 240ml or 1 cup)
- 80ml or 1/3 cup of Silan (Date honey)
- 80ml or 1/3 cup of Orange Juice
- Zest of 1 Orange
- 1 small clove of garlic, peeled and chopped
- Small pieces about 1 cm of fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoons of cornstarch
- Mix all ingredients of the glaze except the cornstarch in a saucepan.
- Heat the saucepan over low heat until glaze begins to bubble.
- Mix cornstarch with a little water. Add to the glaze in the saucepan and stir until it thickens. Then remove from heat and let glaze cool.
- Marinate the salmon with half of the glaze about 2-4 hours, or overnight.
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius or about 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Heat up nonstick pan over medium heat. Add a few drops of oil and sear the marinated salmon until nicely browned, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Brush the seared salmon with some of the remaining sauce and transfer it to the preheated oven. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the salmon is just cooked through.
- Remove from oven and drizzle remaining glaze over the salmon. Serve immediately.
NotesThis recipe is being served at the Inbal Hotel's Passover Seders. It is kosher and parve. The Inbal Jerusalem hotel is an award-winning, five-star deluxe hotel situated in the heart of Jerusalem overlooking the Old City walls, and minutes away from all the major cultural and historical sites. With its Jerusalem stone exterior, the 283-room hotel is known for its intimate authentic Jerusalem character and impeccable world-class service. For more information, visit www.inbalhotel.com
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Second Grade Holiday CookbookSee More
Corn Pocket Rolls
Krrispy's Beer Bacon BreadSee More