- Cooking Time: Till baked
- Servings: Unlimited
- Preparation Time: Take your time...
- Love, Peace, understanding, and Freedom
- Start with fresh, good ingredients
- Add lots of love and respect...this is a primer on cooking with cannabis - I will be posting recipes soon.
- If you are reading this its because you are interested in cooking Ganja style. Which is the idea of infusing healing herbs (today we are referencing "Legalized Cannabis", No Judgements) into foods for consumption for multiple personal reasons. No, this is not the real definition but I coined it here, and I'm quite happy with it (Its a Cannabis thing, lol)!!
- Anyhow back to the ganja..I would love to give you so much advice about cooking but my Grandma Grace said it best, "Start with fresh, good ingredients" So really, just starting off with that as the main idea here, the fresher the ingredients the better the outcome...This is no joke either using fresh and not so great ingredients, sometimes you can taste the "not so well rounded blend"...can you relate?? Imagine, the most wonderful Boston Cream Pie topped with Strawberries for variety but the strawberries are not so sweet, it kinda can throw off the whole thing...
- Now of course sometimes this is to be expected in this world we are sometimes limited to what we can actually get our hands on and with that said Grace would say..."Do the best you can, but when in doubt don't do it".
- My Grandma Grace had restaurants and deli's, I believe that food was her passion, as was little children, two things that go well together, she loved me and fed me well. For the record, my other Grandmother taught me how to shop!!
- But in all seriousness, one thing that my Grandma Grace could never know because of the criminalization of Cannabis is that Food and Cannabis go very well together also. One might be a little scared the first time they eat Cannabis infused food, they might think that the taste might be overwhelming, they may be scared of the effects that might arise, (it varies from knocking your ass off to barely realizing that you are "High", some people report not feeling anything...I like to ask, if your feeling anything bad)...there can be so many elements to a cannabis experience and eating edibles is no different...
- The more skillful the chef with the freshest, tastiest ingredients the more amazing the experience...biting in to a well prepared edible is "heaven" which is understandably why one with Cancer would find it a necessity for their Alternative treatments. The potency is going to be dependant on the quality of Cannabis product you are using just like your ingredients, my latest theory is smoke it...if it get you high cook with it...
- Now when I say product this could also mean alot of things...Using more or less will give you your desired effect...And only working with it is gonna tell you what that amount is and it may be different at different times. You can cook with bud (not recommended unless you are a pot snob or it is low quality or if you don't smoke, but don't spend the money, find someone who will give you their (trash/trim, leaf and stems), trim (recommended), keif (the crystals that form on the flowers and leaves, usually is in trim), hash (have not done this but it works...) Am I forgetting anything, probably???
- Personally I like to use the trim, reducing it down into a butter or oil infusion..this is a staple for most recipes, but depending on what culinary outcome you are trying to achieve there may be cases where you might use any of the products above, there are many ways to extract and infuse cannabis to be solvent in fats (butter, veg or soy, olive oil) alcohol, glycerin, and a tea or coffee can be made but it needs milk, cream or some sort of fat for the body to absorb the THC. Its also very nice to make a coconut or other vegetable rub for aches and pains, a cannabis infused rubbing alcohol works well also...you will get high as it absorbs in your skin...
- Like I said depending on the recipe you will want to find your vehicle that works best for the best possible outcome you are looking for...The cannabis culture is a vast and wide field, there is no limit to what you can do with Cannabis if you are creative with it, Hemp is good for the environment, hemp products without THC are also wonderfully nutritious and if you really want to go crazy add some THC back in some hemp marshmallow granola bars...
- Well I hope you have found this interesting at least if not most informational. Cannabis really is a wonder drug, it is very non toxic, my dogs have survived getting into mass amounts in the trash, they btw they love edible Cannabis also and I have to hide it from them. Obviously there is an element to safety there so always "be safe" especially around the kids...also "teach" them, my kids know not to eat any goodies out of the freezer, nothing else usually lasts that long.
- If you have chosen cannabis as your method of medicine for health and wellbeing I commend you on your choice, you have made a smart decision and do not let anybody tell you any different it is one of the smartest things you can ever do...especially if you live with chronic pain, chronic sickness, chronic emotional issues or frankly if it just makes you feel better...What a way to fight Chronic is with some Chronic (another Pot Joke)...
- Well I hope you have fun with your ganja cooking, I know it has been a fun experience for me, I have spent hours experimenting and taking long wonderful naps, I have gained pounds from all the taste testing, remember that cookies and candies have more calories and that ganja butter also tastes good on a baked potato with broccoli and cauliflower with cheese and so make varied choices if you are interested in your figure...but above all "Bon Appetit" and "Good Fortune" to you!
- "Everything on the earth has a purpose, every disease an herb to cure it, and every person a mission." Author Unknown
- “When you smoke the herb, it reveals you to yourself." Bob Marley
NotesIf you are reading this its because you are interested in cooking Ganja style. Which is the idea of infusing healing herbs (today we are referencing "Legalized Cannabis", No Judgements) into foods for consumption for multiple personal reasons. No, this is not the real definition but I coined it here, and I'm quite happy with it (Its a Cannabis thing, lol)!!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Simple Homemade Favorites
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Delightful DessertsSee More
Poblano Macaroni and Cheese
Betty Crocker Raspberry-Lemon Fruit Dip
The Barefoot Contessas Pan Fried Onion DipSee More