The Maine Summer cookie
6 1/4 oz. flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
3 1/2 oz old fashioned rolled oats
4 oz toasted walnuts
5 oz. dried blueberries or craisins
4 oz bittersweet chocolate chips
12 Tbl. unsalted butter, room temp.
10 1/2 oz. packed brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp. vanilla
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Line 2 baking sheets with parchment.
1. mix dry ingredients together in a bowl, set aside.
2. Cream together the butter and the sugars.
3. Add the egg.
4. Add the dry ingredients gradually on low speed: Mix until combined.
5. Fold in nuts, chocolate and fruit.
6. With a scoop, drop each cookie onto baking sheet 2" apart (they spread).
7. Bake for 10 minutes, rotate pan. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes more depending on the size of your scoop.
8. Let cool, enjoy!
Pairs Well With
We visited Maine when I was child, and there was a bakery that had these cookies. This was 40 years ago, and it's the only cookie recipe that has stuck with me. I love the different flavors and textures! Sweet, salty, buttery, tart and crunchy.