- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1/3 cup shortening
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup honey
- ¾ cup smooth, low-fat peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons non- or low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 ½ tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups whole-wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup M&M candies, slightly crushed
- Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- Cream together shortening, sugar, honey and peanut butter until smooth.
- Beat in egg, yogurt, and vanilla.
- In another bowl, blend flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the peanut butter mixture until well blended.
- Fold in M&Ms.
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto un-greased cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 minutes, cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
NotesA chewy, moist and slightly lighter peanut butter and whole-wheat cookie base is the perfect foil for chopped M&M candy folded in. A brilliant way to make someone’s day… or lunchtime!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More