- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1/3 cup shortening
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup honey
- ¾ cup smooth, low-fat peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons non- or low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 ½ tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups whole-wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup M&M candies, slightly crushed
- Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- Cream together shortening, sugar, honey and peanut butter until smooth.
- Beat in egg, yogurt, and vanilla.
- In another bowl, blend flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the peanut butter mixture until well blended.
- Fold in M&Ms.
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto un-greased cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 minutes, cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
NotesA chewy, moist and slightly lighter peanut butter and whole-wheat cookie base is the perfect foil for chopped M&M candy folded in. A brilliant way to make someone’s day… or lunchtime!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Carmelized Banana Tart (Land O Lakes)
Betty Crocker Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes
Chinese Chicken WingsSee More