- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1¼ pounds ground beef
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, very finely chopped
- 1 egg
- ½ cup Wafu® Original Sesame Japanese Dressing
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black Pepper
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 large Boston lettuce leaves
- Preheat grill to high.
- Place ground beef in a large mixing bowl. Add chopped onion, garlic and ginger and mix with a wooden spoon. Add egg, Wafu® Japanese Dressing and bread crumbs, mixing well after each.
- Divide the meat into 4 equal portions. Lightly pat each portion into a ½-inch-thick patty. Season each patty on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Arrange tomato slices, onion slices and lettuce leaves on a serving platter.
- When ready to grill, place the burgers on the hot grate. Grill burgers until cooked to taste, 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Meanwhile, place the hamburger buns on the hot grate and grill until lightly toasted, 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- To serve, place a lettuce leaf on top of each bun. Top with a burger, tomato slice and onion.
NotesAn irresistible Japanese-style burger with the secret sauce.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Carmelized Banana Tart (Land O Lakes)
Betty Crocker Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes
Chinese Chicken WingsSee More