- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups pastry flour
- 1 1/4 cups shortening
- 2/3 cup cold water
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- Crumble the pastry flour and shortening.
- Separately dissolve the salt and sugar into the water.
- Slowly mix the water solution into the dry ingredients.
- Chill for at least 45 minutes before rolling.
- Roll out desired pie shell.
- Chill for another 20 minutes before baking.
- Fill with desired filling. Cover with another sheet of pie crust and bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately 25 to 35 minutes.
- Cool on a rack for 5 minutes before cutting and serving.
NotesThis Pie Crust is Amazing. It was created by Jason Parsons, chef at Peller Estates in the Niagara Region.
Be a perfectionist in the kitchen. Create a flaky
masterpiece from scratch like the pros
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Get Fit With Good Food!See More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More