- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2.5kg (approx 5.5 lbs) potatoes
- 2 tbsp semolina
- 2 x 320g (approx 11 oz) jars of goose fat [you can substitute lard or dripping or oil, but goose fat is the best choice for the perfect roasties!]
- Preheat the oven to its hottest temperature. Peel and cut the potatoes, pop them in a saucepan of cold salted water and boil for 4 minutes.
- Drain them, then put them back into the now empty saucepan.
- Sprinkle in the semolina, put the lid on the saucepan and shake it around until the potatoes are covered in semolina and starting to disintegrate a little at the edges (this crisps them up).
- Put the goose fat (or its substitute) in a roasting tin and heat in the oven until its very hot.
- Put the potatoes in the tin, and roast them for 45 minutes to 1 hour, turning halfway through cooking.
NotesThese make the best roast potatoes in the whole world - crunchy and crisp on the outside, fluffy and moist on the inside. I never make them any other way.
This serves 8 - 10, so can be scaled down as necessary
Rita's Meals By Design Summer Chefs 2015
Mrs. Claus Cooks for Holiday Entertaining
Taste of CenturyLinkSee More
Fojos (Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes with Ancho Chili and Whipped Cream)
Crab And Shrimp Pasta
Graham Cracker Peanut Butter Balls (Truffles)See More