- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2.5kg (approx 5.5 lbs) potatoes
- 2 tbsp semolina
- 2 x 320g (approx 11 oz) jars of goose fat [you can substitute lard or dripping or oil, but goose fat is the best choice for the perfect roasties!]
- Preheat the oven to its hottest temperature. Peel and cut the potatoes, pop them in a saucepan of cold salted water and boil for 4 minutes.
- Drain them, then put them back into the now empty saucepan.
- Sprinkle in the semolina, put the lid on the saucepan and shake it around until the potatoes are covered in semolina and starting to disintegrate a little at the edges (this crisps them up).
- Put the goose fat (or its substitute) in a roasting tin and heat in the oven until its very hot.
- Put the potatoes in the tin, and roast them for 45 minutes to 1 hour, turning halfway through cooking.
NotesThese make the best roast potatoes in the whole world - crunchy and crisp on the outside, fluffy and moist on the inside. I never make them any other way.
This serves 8 - 10, so can be scaled down as necessary
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
DIY Tasty Gift Ideas
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of CookingSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More