- Cooking Time: 5 minutes each
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 2 1/2 c unbleached all purpose flour, or a mix of whole wheat and all purpose flours
- 2 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 5 eggs, separated
- 1/3 c brown sugar, packed
- 2 c buttermilk
- 1 c Libby's solid pack pumpkin
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 c unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream together egg yolks and brown sugar.
- Mix in buttermilk, pumpkin, and vanilla extract until you achieve a lovely, velvety texture.
- Stir in melted and cooled butter.
- In clean bowl of an electric mixer, beat egg whites until they form soft peaks.
- Combine dry ingredients with pumpkin mixture until just combined. Don't overmix!
- Gently stir 1/4 of the egg whites into batter to lighten it, then fold in the rest of the whites.
- Be careful not to deflate your beautiful egg whites!
- Bake waffles in the waffle maker, according to your waffler's manufacturer's instructions.
- Serve with butter, maple syrup, candied nuts, ice cream, or anything you love!
NotesPumpkin has always been one of my favorite ingredients. Waffles are one of my favorite breakfasts. I wanted to create a recipe that showcased both!
The video link is of me making these waffles for a bed and breakfast at which I used to work.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
50 Shades of Taste
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!See More
Pineapple-Black Bean Enchiladas
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Chicken RollupsSee More