- Cooking Time: 5 minutes each
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 2 1/2 c unbleached all purpose flour, or a mix of whole wheat and all purpose flours
- 2 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 5 eggs, separated
- 1/3 c brown sugar, packed
- 2 c buttermilk
- 1 c Libby's solid pack pumpkin
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 c unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream together egg yolks and brown sugar.
- Mix in buttermilk, pumpkin, and vanilla extract until you achieve a lovely, velvety texture.
- Stir in melted and cooled butter.
- In clean bowl of an electric mixer, beat egg whites until they form soft peaks.
- Combine dry ingredients with pumpkin mixture until just combined. Don't overmix!
- Gently stir 1/4 of the egg whites into batter to lighten it, then fold in the rest of the whites.
- Be careful not to deflate your beautiful egg whites!
- Bake waffles in the waffle maker, according to your waffler's manufacturer's instructions.
- Serve with butter, maple syrup, candied nuts, ice cream, or anything you love!
NotesPumpkin has always been one of my favorite ingredients. Waffles are one of my favorite breakfasts. I wanted to create a recipe that showcased both!
The video link is of me making these waffles for a bed and breakfast at which I used to work.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
Halloween Easy Eerie EdiblesSee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More