THE PURE PANTRY’S GLUTEN FREE DAIRY FREE BERRY CHEESECAKE TARTLETS
- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 30
- Sugar Cookie Crust:
- 1 package Organic Sugar Cookie Mix from The Pure Pantry website
- 1/2 cup Earth Balance or vegan buttery spread, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup organic, non-hydrogenated shortening, such as Spectrum
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp cold water (or more if needed)
- Filling Ingredients:
- 1 8 ounce package Tofutti Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup raw agave nectar
- 1 egg or egg substitute, such as 1 tsp Ener-G Foods Egg Replacer mixed with 2 Tbsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 pints fresh raspberries, blackberries, or blueberries
- Preheat oven to 180 / 350˚F.
- Prepare pastry crust by placing sugar cookie mix, vegan buttery spread, and shortening into a large mixing bowl.
- Blend with pastry blender or fork until mixture is in pea sized bits.
- Add egg and water and blend with pastry blender until dough comes together.
- Using your hands, pat dough into a flat disk. Cover with waxed paper and place in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- In the stand mixer bowl, beat cream cheese until soft.
- Add agave nectar, egg (or egg substitute) and vanilla and beat on low until combined.
- Remove pastry dough from refrigerator.
- Prepare a work surface by placing a large sheet of parchment paper or waxed paper down and lightly dust it with rice flour or corn starch. Dust rolling pin with rice flour or cornstarch as well.
- Roll out dough to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Place individual tartlet pans upside down on top of dough and push down. Create 12 tartlets cuts outs. If you have just a few little tartlet pans, you can prepare a few at a time.
- With a metal spatula, lift cut out dough up and place in tartlet pan. Press dough down firmly and evenly throughout pan with your fingers.
- Poke holes in each pastry with a fork so surface has tiny holes throughout.
- Place pans on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool 5-7 minutes.
- Meanwhile wash berries and drain in colander.
- Fill tarlets with 1/4 cup cream cheese filling.
- Return to oven on middle rack and back for 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Place berries on top of tartlet and dust with powdered sugar. YUMMO!
NotesI got this recipe from Elizabeth Kaplan from The Pure Pantry.
This was Recipe #6 in the "Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid" event.
These Berry Tarlets are a fantastic example of her incredible recipes. She utilizes her sugar cookie mix and whips up a light creamy filling topped with juicy fresh berries to make a delicious refreshing dessert that everyone can enjoy. These little berry tarts are SCRUMDIDILYUMPTIOUS!
Check out Elizabeth Kaplan and The Pure Pantry for more fantastic gluten free products and recipes.
Grab a copy of her book, Fresh from Elizabeth’s Kitchen: Gluten-free & Allergy-free Recipes for Healthy, Delicious Meals.