- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 8oz boneless,skinless turkey breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3oz Canadian bacon, diced
- 3 cups low-fat chicken broth
- 2 cups diced carrots
- 1 cup peeled, cubed potatoes
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 can(14 oz) cream-style corn
- 1 cup frozen or canned corn kernels
- 1/2 cup low-fat sour cream mixed with 1 tsp cornstarch
- Spray a large soup pot with non-stick spray. Add turkey and cook over medium-high heat until no longer pink. Add bacon and onions and cook for 2 more minutes. Add broth, carrots, potatoes, thyme, rosemary, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 8 minutes.
- Stir in broccoli and simmer for 3 more minutes. Add creamed corn and corn kernels. Cook for 2 more minutes, until corn is heated through. Stir in sour cream mixture and serve immediately.
- we used our leftover turkey from Christmas dinner and it turned out great.
NotesA hearty, creamy, turkey and vegetable chowder.
We used our leftover turkey from Christmas dinner and it turned out great.
Per serving: 317 calories, 4 g fat, 0.7 g saturated fat, 27.1 g protein, 49.6 g carbohydrate, 4.2 g fiber, 47.5 mg cholesterol, 875.9 mg sodium, % of calories from fat: 11