- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryA hearty, creamy, turkey and vegetable chowder.
We used our leftover turkey from Christmas dinner and it turned out great.
Per serving: 317 calories, 4 g fat, 0.7 g saturated fat, 27.1 g protein, 49.6 g carbohydrate, 4.2 g fiber, 47.5 mg cholesterol, 875.9 mg sodium, % of calories from fat: 11
- 8oz boneless,skinless turkey breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3oz Canadian bacon, diced
- 3 cups low-fat chicken broth
- 2 cups diced carrots
- 1 cup peeled, cubed potatoes
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 can(14 oz) cream-style corn
- 1 cup frozen or canned corn kernels
- 1/2 cup low-fat sour cream mixed with 1 tsp cornstarch
- Spray a large soup pot with non-stick spray. Add turkey and cook over medium-high heat until no longer pink. Add bacon and onions and cook for 2 more minutes. Add broth, carrots, potatoes, thyme, rosemary, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 8 minutes.
- Stir in broccoli and simmer for 3 more minutes. Add creamed corn and corn kernels. Cook for 2 more minutes, until corn is heated through. Stir in sour cream mixture and serve immediately.
- we used our leftover turkey from Christmas dinner and it turned out great.