THE ULTIMATE GRILLED CHEESE
- Servings: 5
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 pkg ( 3 ounces ) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part - skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces ) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp seasoned salt
- 10 slices Italian bread (1/2- inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth. Stir in the cheeses, garlic powder and seasoned salt. Spread five slices of bread with the cheese mixture, about 1/3 cup on each. Top with remaining bread.
Butter the outsides of sandwiches. In a skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 4-5 minutes on each side or until bread is lightly browned and cheese is melted.
Website Credit: http://www.tasteofhome.com