- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Kosher salt
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 bacon slices, cut crosswise into thin strips
- 1 onion, chopped (I would get a small one)
- 4 large eggs
- 6 Tbsp. heavy cream
- 1/4 c. fresh grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 lb. spaghetti
- Cracked black pepper
- 1/4 c. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Bring a big pot of salted water to a boil for the spaghetti.
- Heat a 3-count (Meaning pour olive oil for 3 seconds) of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the bacon and onion and cook for 7 to 8 minutes, until the onion is caramelized and the bacon is crisp. While that is cooking, crack the eggs into a large serving bowl. Add the cream and cheese and whisk together. Scrape the bacon and onion into that bowl along with the cooking fat.
- When water has come to a boil, throw in the spaghetti and stir to separate the strands; cook for 8 to 9 minutes, until al dente. Scoop out about 1/4 cup of the pasta cooking water and add that to the bowl with the bacon and eggs. Drain the spaghetti, add it to the bowl, and give everything a toss. Invert a plate on top of the bowl to hold in the heat and let the pasta set for 5 minutes. Remove the plate, toss in some salt and lots of cracked black pepper and the parsley and you are done!
NotesRecipe from Tyler Florences cookbook, Tyler's Ultimate.
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
The Social CookbookSee More
SPOOKY HALLOWEEN TREE
Slow Cooker Beans
Sugar-Free Blackberry White Chocolate Ice CreamSee More