- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Kosher salt
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 bacon slices, cut crosswise into thin strips
- 1 onion, chopped (I would get a small one)
- 4 large eggs
- 6 Tbsp. heavy cream
- 1/4 c. fresh grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 lb. spaghetti
- Cracked black pepper
- 1/4 c. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Bring a big pot of salted water to a boil for the spaghetti.
- Heat a 3-count (Meaning pour olive oil for 3 seconds) of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the bacon and onion and cook for 7 to 8 minutes, until the onion is caramelized and the bacon is crisp. While that is cooking, crack the eggs into a large serving bowl. Add the cream and cheese and whisk together. Scrape the bacon and onion into that bowl along with the cooking fat.
- When water has come to a boil, throw in the spaghetti and stir to separate the strands; cook for 8 to 9 minutes, until al dente. Scoop out about 1/4 cup of the pasta cooking water and add that to the bowl with the bacon and eggs. Drain the spaghetti, add it to the bowl, and give everything a toss. Invert a plate on top of the bowl to hold in the heat and let the pasta set for 5 minutes. Remove the plate, toss in some salt and lots of cracked black pepper and the parsley and you are done!
NotesRecipe from Tyler Florences cookbook, Tyler's Ultimate.