- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Kosher salt
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 bacon slices, cut crosswise into thin strips
- 1 onion, chopped (I would get a small one)
- 4 large eggs
- 6 Tbsp. heavy cream
- 1/4 c. fresh grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 lb. spaghetti
- Cracked black pepper
- 1/4 c. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Bring a big pot of salted water to a boil for the spaghetti.
- Heat a 3-count (Meaning pour olive oil for 3 seconds) of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the bacon and onion and cook for 7 to 8 minutes, until the onion is caramelized and the bacon is crisp. While that is cooking, crack the eggs into a large serving bowl. Add the cream and cheese and whisk together. Scrape the bacon and onion into that bowl along with the cooking fat.
- When water has come to a boil, throw in the spaghetti and stir to separate the strands; cook for 8 to 9 minutes, until al dente. Scoop out about 1/4 cup of the pasta cooking water and add that to the bowl with the bacon and eggs. Drain the spaghetti, add it to the bowl, and give everything a toss. Invert a plate on top of the bowl to hold in the heat and let the pasta set for 5 minutes. Remove the plate, toss in some salt and lots of cracked black pepper and the parsley and you are done!
NotesRecipe from Tyler Florences cookbook, Tyler's Ultimate.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Holiday "Butt" Stuffing
Pumpkin Pie With Perfect Pie Crust
Nacho Cheese DipSee More