- Cooking Time: 12-15
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 10
BackstoryThis recipe is from my friend Danielle. They are excellent scones, and I made them to take to my salon to celebrate the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton. Everyone loved them!
- 2 c flour
- 1/2 c granulated sugar
- 2 t baking powder
- 1/8 t salt
- 1/3 c cold unsalted butter, cut into small bits (I use a cold knife, cold plate & keep the cut bits in the refrigerator until I'm ready to add them)
- 1/2 c heavy cream
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 t vanilla
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine the dry ingredients well.
- Cut the butter into dry ingredients until the mixture looks like coarse meal.
- In a separate bowl, combine cream, egg and vanilla.
- Add wet ingredients to dry all at once.
- Mix until just combined.
- Gather up dough and pat with floured hands, gently into a 1/2" thick circle.
- Cut into wedges.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 12-15 minutes.
- I often make these in a food processor: whirl dry ingredients 4-5 pulses, add butter bits, whirl 5-6 more times and add to the wet ingredients in a separate bowl.