The most moist Rum Cake you will ever taste in your life
1 cup chopped Pecans
1 package yellow cake mix
1 package vanilla instant pudding mix
1/2 cup cold water
1/2 cup cooking oil
1/2 cub amber rum
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup water
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup amber rum
Sprinkle nuts over the bottom of a greased 10 inch tube pan or 12 cup bundt pan.
1. Stir together cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water, oil and rum.
2. Pour batter over nuts.
3. Bake at 325 in oven for 1 hour.
4. Cool 10 minutes in pan.
5. Invert onto serving plate and prick top.
7. Melt butter in saucepan.
8. Stir in water and sugar.
9. Boil 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
10. Remove from heat.
11. Stir in rum.
12. Brush glaze evenly over top and sides of cake.
13. Allow cake to absorb glaze.
14. Repeat until glaze is used up.
You can dustthe top with powdered suger if you like. Take time with brushing the glaze onto the cake, it will sink in better. I usually add a little bit more rum to the cake and the glaze. =)
Pairs Well With
My mom used to make this cake when I was a kid. To this day, I still get requests from my coworkers to make this cake whenever we have a potluck.