- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup chopped Pecans
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1 package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 1/2 cub amber rum
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup amber rum
- Sprinkle nuts over the bottom of a greased 10 inch tube pan or 12 cup bundt pan.
- 1. Stir together cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water, oil and rum.
- 2. Pour batter over nuts.
- 3. Bake at 325 in oven for 1 hour.
- 4. Cool 10 minutes in pan.
- 5. Invert onto serving plate and prick top.
- 6. Glaze----------------
- 7. Melt butter in saucepan.
- 8. Stir in water and sugar.
- 9. Boil 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 10. Remove from heat.
- 11. Stir in rum.
- 12. Brush glaze evenly over top and sides of cake.
- 13. Allow cake to absorb glaze.
- 14. Repeat until glaze is used up.
- You can dustthe top with powdered suger if you like. Take time with brushing the glaze onto the cake, it will sink in better. I usually add a little bit more rum to the cake and the glaze. =)
NotesMy mom used to make this cake when I was a kid. To this day, I still get requests from my coworkers to make this cake whenever we have a potluck.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
Angel Acres Soup & Chili CookbookSee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More