- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 sticks (1 1/2 cups) salted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 24 caramel candies, unwrapped
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 72 pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer set on medium high speed cream together the butter and almond extract.
- Stir in flour and salt. If dough is crumbly mix in an additional 1-2 tablespoons of softened butter.
- Place dough in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Divide dough into 12 equal parts. Roll each part into a 1/4-inch-thick circle. Cut each circle into 6 wedges. Place wedges 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until set. Immediately transfer cookies to a cooling surface for 30 minutes.
- In a 1-quart saucepan, heat caramels over medium heat for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently until melted. Keep caramels warm on low heat.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, microwave the chocolate chips and shortening uncovered on high 1-3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until melted and thin enough to drizzle.
- Dip 2 straight edges of each cookie into melted caramel, then into chopped pecans. Place cookies on waxed paper.
- On top of each cookie place a dot of chocolate in the center; place a pecan half on top of chocolate. Using the tines of a fork, drizzle the remaining chocolate over the top of each cookie.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.See More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More