- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 sticks (1 1/2 cups) salted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 24 caramel candies, unwrapped
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 72 pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer set on medium high speed cream together the butter and almond extract.
- Stir in flour and salt. If dough is crumbly mix in an additional 1-2 tablespoons of softened butter.
- Place dough in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Divide dough into 12 equal parts. Roll each part into a 1/4-inch-thick circle. Cut each circle into 6 wedges. Place wedges 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until set. Immediately transfer cookies to a cooling surface for 30 minutes.
- In a 1-quart saucepan, heat caramels over medium heat for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently until melted. Keep caramels warm on low heat.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, microwave the chocolate chips and shortening uncovered on high 1-3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until melted and thin enough to drizzle.
- Dip 2 straight edges of each cookie into melted caramel, then into chopped pecans. Place cookies on waxed paper.
- On top of each cookie place a dot of chocolate in the center; place a pecan half on top of chocolate. Using the tines of a fork, drizzle the remaining chocolate over the top of each cookie.
Cooking with Sabra
Forever FOMO Cures: Photo & Cookbook from your Israeli Family
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law LibrariesSee More
Tortellini with Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce
GRILLED MISO-CITRUS SCALLOP LOLLIPOPS
Chocolate Panna CottaSee More