THE "RATED R" FOR RICHNESS GRAND CHOCOLATE BROWNIE WEDGES W/ CHOCOLATE SAUCE
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 2/3 cups bittersweet chocolate chips, divided (NESTLES CHOCOLATIER 62% Cacao)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional) or pecans (optional)
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- whipped cream (optional)
- PREHEAT oven to 325º F.
- Line 8-inch-square baking pan with foil; grease.
- Set aside 3 tablespoons morsels for chocolate sauce.
- HEAT 1 cup morsels, sugar, butter and water in small, heavy-duty saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, until morsels and butter are melted.
- Pour into medium bowl.
- Stir in eggs, one at a time, until mixed in.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Add flour and salt; stir well.
- Stir in remaining morsels (except sauce morsels) and nuts, if desired.
- Pour into prepared baking pan.
- BAKE for 33 to 35 minutes until wooden pick inserted in center comes out slightly sticky.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Lift brownie from pan with foil to cutting board.
- Carefully remove foil.
- Cut brownie square into half.
- Cut each half into thirds, for a total of 6 pieces.
- Cut each piece in half diagonally to form triangles for a total of 12.
- PLACE cream in small, uncovered, microwave-safe dish.
- Microwave on HIGH (100%) power for 25 to 30 seconds.
- Add reserved 3 tablespoons of morsels; stir until smooth. (Sauce will thicken as it cools.)
- Place wedge on serving plate; top or drizzle with a teaspoon of sauce.
- Top with whipped cream, if desired.
NotesPassionate about chocolate? If so, you're sure to savor this sinfully moist, fudgy cake covered in an indulgently rich chocolate frosting. This comes from Nestles Chocolatier, a new richer kind of chocolate bits by Nestle. This recipe depends in using these exact chocolate morsels.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid Foods
Lau Family RecipesSee More
Sweet Potato Pizza Dough
Grilled Summer Veggie Pizza
Zesty Italian ChickenSee More