- Cooking Time: 15 to 18
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/8 cups bleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 1/2 sticks), melted and cooled slightly
- 1 cup brown sugar (light or dark), 7 ounces
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 - 2 cups chocolate chips or chunks (semi or bittersweet)
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Adjust oven racks to upper- and lower-middle positions.
- Mix flour, salt, and baking soda together in medium bowl; set aside.
- Either by hand or with electric mixer, mix butter and sugars until thoroughly blended.
- Mix in egg, yolk, and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients; mix until just combined.
- Stir in chips.
- Drop onto cookie sheets using scoop.
- Bake, reversing cookie sheets’ positions halfway through baking, until cookies are light golden brown and outer edges start to harden yet centers are still soft and puffy, 15 to 18 minutes (start checking at 13 minutes). (Frozen dough requires an extra 1 to 2 minutes baking time.)
- Cool cookies on cookie sheets. Serve or store in airtight container
Dough can be refrigerated up to 2 days or frozen up to 1 month
You must SAVE this recipe
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
Babette's Test KitchenSee More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More