- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Chicken (I used 2 thighs and drumsticks which I skinned)
- 1/3 cup flour (optional)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped (I used half a red and half a green)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- fresh basil
- Sprinkle chicken pieces with salt and pepper.
- If desired, dredge in flour. Heat olive oil in saucier.
- Add chicken pieces and brown on all sides. Remove from pot.
- Add onions, pepper, and mushrooms to saucier. Cook about 4 minutes before adding garlic.
- Cook an additional minute.
- Stir in wine.
- Scrape up browned bits and allow liquid to reduce by about half.
- Add diced tomatoes, chicken broth, oregano, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Return chicken pieces to the pan.
- Simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes (depending on what cut of chicken you are using).
- Top with fresh basil and grated cheese.
- We had this over whole wheat spaghetti.
NotesAt one point, I found myself with about 30 chicken drumsticks and some thighs in the freezer, before we were moving. I had to find a lot of ways to use them up and this is one of my favorites.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
My Family Cookbook
MidLife Road Trip's
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.See More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More