- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound All-purpose or bread flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 cup Warm milk
- 2 ounces Butter -- melted
- Sift the flour and salt into a bowl and leave in a warm place.
- Dissolve the yeast and sugar in warm (105 F) milk (Microwaved). Let froth, then mix in the butter.
- Stir all the liquid into the warm flour and beat well until smooth and elastic.
- Cover and proof in a warm place for 50 minutes or until doubled in bulk.
- Turn onto a well-floured board and knead, working a little more flour if necessary to make the dough easier to shape.
- Round up the dough, roll into a thick sausage shape and (using the sharpest knife you have) slice into 8 to 10 portions, each about 1 1/2 ~ 1 3/4 inch thick.
- Shape each one into a round with straight sides. Put onto a greased baking sheet.
- Cover (use greased plastic wrap) and put in a warm place to proof for 30-40 minutes or until springy to the touch. Leave room for expansion and be careful not to over-proof.
- Warm and grease the bakestone lightly.
- Lift the muffins carefully onto the bakestone and cook over very moderate heat for 8-10 minutes until pale gold underneath.
- Turn and cook the other side.
- Wrap in a cloth and keep warm if cooking in batches.
- To serve, insert a knife in the side, pull the top and bottom slightly apart, and insert slivers of butter.
NotesHere is a Thomas English muffin recipe clone:
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
VivaVeganGal's Family FavoritesSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More