- Cooking Time: 60 minutes
- Servings: 30
- Preparation Time: 60 Minutes
- Ingredients for Syracuse Salt Potatoes:
- 4 pounds small potatoes, such as baby Yukon gold (I used only the 1-pound bag of tiny potatoes)
- 2-1/4 cups kosher salt (I reduced this by a fourth)
- 1 stick unsalted butter (I reduced this by a fourth)
- Ingredients for Jim Beam "Smashed" Potatoes:
- 1 pound of tiny potatoes, boiled for 5 to 6 minutes, drained
- 1 diced red onion
- 1 diced green pepper
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Jim Beam
- 1 tablespoons Worcestershire
- 1 tablespoons Wesson oil
- 1 garlic cloves,minced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Ingredients for Ultimate Party Meatballs:
- 1 (14-ounce) can Ocean Spray Jellied Cranberry Sauce
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle Heinz Chili Sauce
- 1 (6-ounce) jar of red currant jelly
- 1 (2-pound) bag frozen, pre-cooked, cocktail-size meatballs
- Directions for Syracuse Salt Potatoes:
- 1. Put the potatoes, 8 cups of water and the salt in a large pan. Cover and bring to a biol over high heat, then reduce the heat t medium and simmer until the potatoes are fork-tender, about 30 minutes. (Mine only took 5 minutes because the potatoes were itty bitty).
- 2. Drain the potatoes in a colander and shake to remove excess water. Let the skins dry in the colander so that some of salt crystallizes.
- 3 Meanwhile, put the butter in a microwaveable-safe bowl and microwave until melted. Serve the potatoes hot with the butter for dipping.
- Directions for Jim Beam "Smashed" Potatoes:
- 1. In a nonstick skillet, melt 3 tablespoon butter. Add the cooked potatoes and smash gently with a fork (you want to smash enough to break the skin, not have mashed potatoes).
- 2. Add the onions and peppers. Fry on medium heat until the onions and peppers are tender.
- 3. Mix the remaining ingredients in a bowl and add to hot skillet. Toss gently to coat the potatoes. Let the sauce cook down just a little.
- Directions for Ultimate Party Meatballs:
- 1. Combine sauces and jelly in a large saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring until smooth. Add
- meatballs. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until meatballs are heated through, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Makes 30 appetizer servings
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
My Family CookbookSee More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More