THREE BEAN FRITO SALAD
Three Bean Frito Salad
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 20 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced
- 1 (15-16 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (15-16 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 (15-16 ounce) can black beans
- 12 ounces Catalina salad dressing
- 1 (10.5 ounce) bag Frito chips
Into a large bowl, combine diced onion and pepper. Cut each cherry tomato in half and add to bowl.
Drain and rinse all beans and add to bowl.
Stir in Catalina salad dressing and mix well. Marinate 6 hours or overnight.
When ready to serve, place a handful of Frito's onto a plate and top with bean mixture.
If serving at a family gathering or potluck, make a seperate bowl for the Frito's for each person to make their own because adding the Frito's into the bean mix will get them soggy after they sit for awhile.
This salad is sooooo refreshing and delicious! We had it for dinner but it would be great as an appetizer for any family gathering or potluck or just to munch on whenever the mood hits you!
I had cherry tomatoes that I needed to use up but I bet any tomato would be good in this recipe!