- Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
- Servings: 4 to 6
- Preparation Time: 20 to 30 Minutes
- 3 cups ziti or other tube pasta, uncooked
- 1/2 pound Italian sausage, sliced
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) butter or margarine
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms, about 4 ounces
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Small Container of Cottage Cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook ziti according to directions; drain.
- In a saucepan, brown sausage.
- Remove to paper towels to drain or strainer.
- Melt butter in skillet and sauté mushroom, green pepper and onion until just tender.
- Blend flour into the vegetable mixture, stirring until well blended and bubbly. Gradually add milk and cook over medium low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture begins to boil.
- Continue to cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Blend in 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese and pepper, stirring until cheeses are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Stir hot, cooked ziti and sausage into vegetable cheese sauce.
- Pour into greased 2 or 3 quart casserole.
- Spread small container of Cottage Cheese over the top.
- Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
NotesJust something I put together for my daughters. I have one daughter that loves spaghetti . This one I could put together before Hockey Practice and could put in the oven on low covered in sprayed tin foil. Hot meal served with garlic bread. Happy Sleepy Kids. Side note I have also added Spaghetti sauce to this recipe as well. Excellent warmed the next day too.
Classic Chocolate Recipes
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Paul's Food World Volume 1See More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More