- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup swiss cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Cook macaroni using package directions.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Meanwhile, melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and salt and stir until mixture is smooth. Stir in dry mustard. Add milk gradually, stirring continually.
- Cook over low heat, stirring continually, until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in 1/4 cup each cheddar, mozzarella and swiss. Mix cheese sauce and macaroni in a large bowl. Spoon into a 9x7 inch baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar, mozzarella and swiss.
- Melt remaining butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Combine breadcrumbs and melted butter; mix well. Sprinkle on top of cheese. Bake until hot and bubbly, about 15 minutes.
NotesThis is a great basic macaroni and cheese recipe. Try different flavors of cheese to create a recipe that is perfect for you. Pepperjack would be great!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Walnut, Honey & Espresso Caramels
Scrambled Egg Breakfast Pizza
Rice PuddingSee More