- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup swiss cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs - optional
- 2 tablespoons butter - optional
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and diced- optional
- Cook macaroni using package directions.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Meanwhile, melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and salt and stir until mixture is smooth. Stir in dry mustard. Add milk gradually, stirring continually.
- Cook over low heat, stirring continually, until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in 1/4 cup each cheddar, mozzarella and swiss. Mix cheese sauce, macaroni, and bacon in a large bowl. Spoon into a 9x7 inch baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar, mozzarella and swiss.
- If desired, melt remaining butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Combine breadcrumbs and melted butter; mix well. Sprinkle on top of cheese.
- Bake until hot and bubbly, about 15 minutes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Recipes for VitalitySee More
Sweet Potato Pizza Dough
Grilled Summer Veggie Pizza
Zesty Italian ChickenSee More