- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup swiss cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs - optional
- 2 tablespoons butter - optional
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and diced- optional
- Cook macaroni using package directions.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Meanwhile, melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and salt and stir until mixture is smooth. Stir in dry mustard. Add milk gradually, stirring continually.
- Cook over low heat, stirring continually, until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in 1/4 cup each cheddar, mozzarella and swiss. Mix cheese sauce, macaroni, and bacon in a large bowl. Spoon into a 9x7 inch baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar, mozzarella and swiss.
- If desired, melt remaining butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Combine breadcrumbs and melted butter; mix well. Sprinkle on top of cheese.
- Bake until hot and bubbly, about 15 minutes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Food Travels Through ItalySee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More