THREE CHEESE MACARONI
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup swiss cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs - optional
- 2 tablespoons butter - optional
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and diced- optional
Cook macaroni using package directions.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Meanwhile, melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and salt and stir until mixture is smooth. Stir in dry mustard. Add milk gradually, stirring continually.
Cook over low heat, stirring continually, until thickened, about 5 minutes.
Stir in 1/4 cup each cheddar, mozzarella and swiss. Mix cheese sauce, macaroni, and bacon in a large bowl. Spoon into a 9x7 inch baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar, mozzarella and swiss.
If desired, melt remaining butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Combine breadcrumbs and melted butter; mix well. Sprinkle on top of cheese.
Bake until hot and bubbly, about 15 minutes.