- Cooking Time: 50-60 minutes
- Servings: 7 cups
- Preparation Time: 25 minutes
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 6 cups chopped rhubarb
- 2 cups fresh strawberries (unsweetened)
- 2 medium navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3 cups water
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, rhubarb, strawberries, oranges and lemon peel until blended. Stir in the water and cinnamon stick. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 50-60 minutes or until thickened. Discard cinnamon stick. Cool. Refrigerate until chilled. Serve over the ice cream. Yield: 7 cups.
- See other recipes at: www.havefunbaking.com
- And check out: www.lovetobakeandcook.blogspot.com
NotesThis sauce is wonderful over ice cream, my husband likes it in a bowl with a piece of toast. It is very tasty and easy to make this time of year with all the fresh fruit in season. You may also make it using frozen rhubarb but measure while frozen and let thaw completely. Drain in a colander, but do not press out the liquid.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
Watt's Cooking in PA?
Amsterdam Friends CookbookSee More
Christmas Cherry Pie
Low-Fat Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
Mughlai Chicken BiryaniSee More