- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1 head plus 8 cloves garlic
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Parmesan cheese, for grating
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wrap garlic head in foil, or place in garlic roaster; roast until soft and golden, about 1 hour. Let cool, trim tip of head; squeeze out cloves, using back of knife. Transfer to small bowl; set aside.
- Cook pasta until al dente. Drain, and run under cold water to stop cooking.
- Thinly slice five cloves of unroasted garlic. Finely chop remaining three cloves. Heat oil over medium heat in large skillet. Add sliced garlic; toast until golden and crisp. Remove garlic with slotted spoon; set aside. Add chopped garlic; saute until translucent, about 1 1/2 minutes. Add roasted garlic and white wine; let simmer about 3 minutes. Add pasta, parsley, red pepper, and salt and pepper to taste; toss. Serve sprinkled with toasted garlic slivers. Grate Parmesan over each serving.
NotesIf you love garlic, you'll love this. Roasted, raw and fried garlic. yum yum. This is one of Martha Stewarts recipes. I cant remember if it was from Everyday Food or Living.
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
The NourishFull Kitchen
Life on a Beach Easy Seafood Cooking at HomeSee More
Curried Wheat Bread
Chicken Fried Steak (TNT)
BRIE AND PROSCIUTTO FILLED CHILE RELLENOS ON A BED OF FIGS AND ARUGULASee More